Monday, January 6, 2014

Police reprimand Kelly over parade

Police reprimand Gerry Kelly over parade Land Rover incident

Gerry Kelly Gerry Kelly was carried for a short distance on the front of a police vehicle

Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly has said police have given him a formal reprimand over an incident in which he was carried on the front of a PSNI Land Rover.

The incident followed the loyalist Tour of the North parade in Belfast.

Mr Kelly said he had been given "an informed warning relating to my actions in standing with the community".

"I believed at the time I did the right thing. I was part of calming a very difficult situation," he said.

"I have always believed that this is a matter which should not be brought before the courts."

An informed warning is a formal reprimand by the police.

While it is not a conviction, it is recorded on a person's criminal record for 12 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment