Australian Open 2014: Eugenie Bouchard reaches semi-finals

Teenager Eugenie Bouchard continued her impressive run at the Australian Open as she beat Ana Ivanovic to set up a semi-final against Li Na.

The Canadian, 19, had to come from behind after the Serb edged a topsy-turvy first set 7-5.

Both players struggled to hold serve in set two, but Bouchard took control after an Ivanovic medical timeout.

And she dominated the third set to win 5-7 7-5 6-2, ensuring a semi-final against Li, who beat Flavia Pennetta.

Rod Laver Arena

Li (Chn) [4] beat Pennetta (Ita) [28] 6-2 6-2

Two-time finalist Li raced into a fourth Melbourne semi-final as she produced a ruthless display against Pennetta.

The fourth seed from China broke the Italian in the first game of the match, following it up with two more to lead the first set 5-0.

Pennetta, the 28th seed, stopped the rot with a break of her own but Li still took the set 6-2.

And the second set was equally one-sided as Li eased to a 6-2 6-2 victory.

Li said her belief that she can repeat her final appearances of 2011 and 2013 has been growing ever since she recovered from the brink of defeat in the third round against Lucie Safarova.

"I've got a lot of confidence because I was match point down and I came back to win that match," said Li. "I believe in myself even more. I hope I can take one more step this year."

Bouchard (Can) [30] beat Ivanovic (Ser) [14] 5-7 7-5 6-2

Berdych (Cze) [7] v Ferrer (Spa) [3]

Wawrinka (Swi) [8] v Djokovic (Ser) [2]

Quote of the day

"The racquet is my friend. She is with me on the court all the time, so I have to be friends with her and then she can be good to me." Li Na explains why she treats her racquet well and is unlikely to be seen smashing it in frustration