Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Jersey motel fire kills four

New Jersey motel fire kills four and injures eight

Rescue workers remove a body found in the charred remains of the Mariner's Cove Inn in New Jersey on 21 March 2014 At least one person jumped from a second-floor window to escape the flames, though he survived

Four men have been killed by a blaze that devoured a New Jersey motel which was housing people displaced by 2012 storm Sandy.

Eight people were injured, three critically, in the fire at the Mariner's Cove Motor Inn.

It is not yet known what caused the blaze at the two-storey wooden motel by the seaside.

A fire last September destroyed about a third of the resort's boardwalk, which had only just been restored from Sandy.

Those caught in Friday's blaze described chaos and screaming as dozens of people inside the motel scrambled to escape the flames.

Joe Frystock was among those who were staying at the inn because their homes were deluged by the huge storm, Sandy, two years ago.

"I lost everything again, but I'm alive," Mr Frystock, a diabetic, told the Associated Press news agency.

"I only got out with my insulin kit, but this is what keeps me alive, so I guess I'm lucky."

Fire at the Mariner's Cove Inn in New Jersey on 21 March 2014 The fire spread rapidly through the wooden structure

No comments:

Post a Comment